Start new topic
Regional Map 5.0
Posted: Apr 23 2014, 01:01 AM
PMEmail Poster

Right then ladies and gentlemen, it's high time I rebooted the regional map thread. In case you weren't aware, I've usurped ASMV of his job as regional map maker, and while I maintained a cities map in tandem for a while, I decided to go back to the drawing board and create a fantastic* redesign, which I feel showcases the very morals of the region - old-fashioned, but still clean and sleek looking to this very day. So, for your wonderful eyes, the map (in it's most current form) is below:

CLICK MAP TO ENLARGE

In an effort to keep this thread for requests only, I'll be including the changelog in the same factbook entry the map itself can be found on, on the Regional Message Board.

Now, you may be thinking - Atlantian Oceania Cartography Institute, Magnaeus, how can I get The Letterbox Project to have a peek over my country, so it can be included on the map? Well, it's simple. First, you must meet the following criteria:
  • Nations will not be added to the map until they have been in the region for 28+ days. You can still request beforehand, however.
  • You must have a unique flag, that doesn't belong to any other nation within the region, or a nation that exists in real life. (Historical flags and flags of national subdivisions are fine, however.)
  • You must have some national information available (be it in the form of a factbook on the main site, or a post within the forums).
Then, you simply fill out your application, which must contain the following things:
  • Your nation name.
  • The plot of land you'd like. If you're proficient in any image editor, feel free to download the map, cut out the bit you want, colour it in, and post it back! Otherwise, a simple description will do.
  • A link to that national information I mentioned earlier.
  • Your capital city, or a major one, so I can put that on the map too.
And now, some more interesting points, as I love making lists:
  • Don't make a massive claim. Sure, a fluid scale is used on this map, but don't take the biscuit. If you go RP-ing your nation is the size of Russia when it's the size of Nellietopia on the map, then I won't be too impressed.
  • Nations that are puppets of other users must delcare themselves as such, and also actively RP the claim of the puppet nation (and provide a link to said RP in their application).
  • Don't try and grab land around other nations in order to cut them off from the rest of the world - I will simply reject your claim.
  • All claims are subject to approval - the Atlantian Oceania Cartographic Institute (Magnaeus Branch) is a fickle mistress, and claims that I deem terrible or improperly submitted will not be accepted. Feel free to try again, however.
  • If you don't like any of the lovely plots of land available, then land can be created, however this will be reviewed with an even stricter eye than any other claim. If I don't think your island would fit sandwiched between those two nations, you'll be politely asked to change said application.
  • Seriously, we've got a lot of nice mainland - why not take some of that?
  • Please include the word "Abracadabra" in your application, as we all know that you don't get anything you want without saying the magic word. Also, it shows you've at least read this far. Although, please do read on.
  • I can add things like lakes, if they're particularly important, however they cannot be placed where other features had been RP'ed before - like the Great Calanian Desert, for example.
  • Nations that have CTE'd will remain on the map for two weeks after their extinction, and if they have made a significant contribution to the region or to the greater forum (as is the case with choice nations included on the map), this will be extended further (or indefinitely).
  • If I deem you to be inactive within regional affairs, you'll get the white name. It's nothing bad, it simply draws people to the more active nations in the region.
And that seems to be about it! Any more questions? TG me. Posted in the last map thread, but your claim hasn't been processed? Post a new one here, meeting all the criteria! Happy mapping!

This post has been edited by Inevitable on May 21 2015, 01:49 PM
Inevitable
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 23 2014, 11:34 AM
PMEmail Poster

ABRACADABRA
Is that the magic word?

OK, being serious, here's a link to my factbook http://www.3wideracing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2444

I've requested the large island between Osarius and Whittora, and I've coloured it in yellow (our national colour), on this map here: http://oi58.tinypic.com/2zodsew.jpg

The small black dot in the south-east of the nation is where our capital city, Watford is located. I've also done a little bit of terraforming of the islands, for continuity reasons with my national map. If there's an issue with this, or one of the nearby nations has any objection to me being located in my present location, then I'll reapply.

Hopefully that's all OK.
Greater Watford
14 Posts! Magic!
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 23 2014, 07:29 PM
PMEmail Poster

Can i get that little island between Tachbe and Azeruia back at some point? Thanks!
Misrantis
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 23 2014, 07:57 PM
PMEmail Poster

Here's the long-awaited factbook for Mastille! http://www.3wideracing.com/forums/index.ph...t=ST&f=8&t=2458

I'm requesting the island off the coast of Azeruia, to the northwest of Farfadillis. Color the island a dark blue, like my flag (if possible), please.

Since Mastille is a city-state, and the capital is Mastille, the square can go wherever it wants on the island.

Hopefully this is okay for you!
Mastille
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 24 2014, 01:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

Greater Watford, your application has been ACCEPTED, and you should be included on the map as of now.

Misrantis, as you were included on the map previously, but seemed to have been lost to the sands of time, and my own ineptitude, you have been re-introduced onto the map. Please provide a capital city, however!

Mastille, your application has been REJECTED, as it didn't contain the magic word. Please resubmit your application, in full, with it included. Make sure you read the rules fully!
Inevitable
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 24 2014, 11:29 AM
PMEmail Poster

Abracadabra <-- There's your damn magic word for you.

Here's the long-awaited factbook for Mastille! http://www.3wideracing.com/forums/index.ph...t=ST&f=8&t=2458

I'm requesting the island off the coast of Azeruia, to the northwest of Farfadillis. Color the island a dark blue, like my flag (if possible), please.

Since Mastille is a city-state, and the capital is Mastille, the square can go wherever it wants on the island.

Hopefully this is okay for you!
Mastille
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 27 2014, 03:37 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

I was going to try and reclaim the lost land of Kryosis (which CTE'd before) but the change in the map means it might be a bit too tricky to cut that land out again. Especially since I don't have a picture of the old one to hand.

Soo... I did a bit of retcon magic, in line with the way I RP Kryosis -- a paranoid psychotic dictatorship with an incredibly advanced, if somewhat crazy, military science division -- and abracadabra, alakazam... we have a new Kryosi border.

IC reasons can be found in the Kryosis factbook:
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=kryosis...tbook/id=248810

I hope that suffices, if not, let me know and I'll do something more... in-depth.

As for the actual border... I'll leave that up to you. I'm fine with whatever though, as long as it's in the area directly north of Osarius (due to the shared border).

Ta muchly.
Osarius
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 3 2014, 01:53 PM
PMEmail Poster

Could I get the eastern half of the large island north of Valanora as well as the island below it and the small south island not far from Mastille.

Capital: Lambridge
Factbook: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=florgan...actbook/id=main

the plan is to have my puppet nation West Mantwenic to inhabit the western half of the island, but I will put in a separate request for that!

Thanks!

Oh yeah... Abracadabra!
Florgania
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: May 22 2014, 02:02 PM

Ello matey.

Quick points of information. Mathdon has not been the capital of Falcania since it was destroyed in the Falcanian Civil War. The current capital is New Shirley, which you should have on the cities map you so lovingly curated.

Also, the waterways around it are the Falcanian Straits.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: May 23 2014, 09:31 AM
PMEmail Poster

Can I reclaim my land of the rest of Vircaes? Still not sure why I was removed?

This post has been edited by Paragon on May 23 2014, 09:42 AM
Paragon
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 17 2014, 03:19 PM

I'm requesting the island chain on the bottom of the map.
user posted image
Factbook - http://www.nationstates.net/nation=weimani...actbook/id=main
Capital is Weimanhelm and is located on SE corner of the mainland.
Abracadabra per Steve MillerBand
Weimania
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 22 2014, 09:33 AM

Nation name: Torisakia
Plot of land requested: http://i.imgur.com/5JNOkSn.png
Link to national information: http://nswiki.org/index.php?title=Nation/Torisakia (still WIP)
Capital city: Tokai (Put in the center of the larger land that's near Weimania)
National flag (I only use this for RP reasons): http://i.imgur.com/LbJfWE2.png

Abracadabra-doo, the Titan here is you!
Torisakia
One Post Wonder
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 10 2014, 05:08 PM
PMEmail Poster

AAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAADDDDDDAAAAAAABBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAA

Your nation name: Royal Kingdom of Quebec

The plot of land you'd like. If you're proficient in any image editor, feel free to download the map, cut out the bit you want, colour it in, and post it back! Otherwise, a simple description will do: I'd like to have this claimed territory for Quebec previously at Esquarium(http://iiwiki.com/images/2/28/Esquarium.png) to be put right in the northwestern tip of Calania or right above Northandryun, as we have already discussed in IRC. Since it's more like planting the southern part of it right next to it, so no turning Quebec into an island.

Either way, It'll be great to perhaps have like 2 lakes(which you can see on that link I gave to you within the very post) below it.

A link to that national information I mentioned earlier: Your capital city, or a major one, so I can put that on the map too: Quebec City to be placed reasonably in its place at RL Canadian map.

Also, It'd be great to have Quebec City a special status as home of the World Cup of Hockey Federation.

This post has been edited by Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Jul 10 2014, 05:16 PM
Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 12 2014, 02:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

Abracadabra..... a rat appears in stage.

Well, I'd like to claim the portion of land near Kryosis and Thatius, do some lakes and rivers, the capital is Ratxfordshire who will be located near the coast in front of Thatius and two islands with the shape of a mouse/rat near Dorian & Sonya.

Color it with grey.

Cheers.
Ratastan
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 22 2014, 03:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

Abracadabra - Would it be possible to reclaim my little island, just east of the Arrosia landmass?

My factbook is here: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=kiryu-shi/detail=factbook
Kiryu-shi
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsClosed TopicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0212 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->