Start new topic
Who Do You Support?
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 05:23 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Bettia @ Aug 30 2006, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (Hypocria @ Aug 29 2006, 07:42 PM)
Sounds like Bettia. I can't believe there's a second Rover's fan around here. Or anywhere else . . .

Shut it Chairboy biggrin.gif

Better a Silkman than a Gashead tongue.gif
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 30 2006, 02:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

I don't really cheer for a team, even though I like the Montreal Impact from the USL Division I. It might seem strange for some of you, but I do... and I don't really care for English soccer, aside from the fact... CHELSEA SUCKS!!
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

I am a Manchester United supporter, and no, I'm not a bandwagoner either. I've supported them ever since I got into the EPL, and was introduced to them but my good friend and the futbol coach at my school. I'm also partial to Wigan and the Spurs. Now that I'm back near actualy futbol being played, I pkan on following the Vancouver Whitecaps, who play in the USL First Division, and are much better than those stupid Impact tongue.gif As for the other leagues, Serie A is a joke, thanks to the wilting sports courts of Italy in the match fixing scandal, and the La Liga is also, thanks to the domination of Barcelona and the complete collapse of Los Galaticos, becasue they use players too old to have any talent left.
The Lowland Clans
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 3 2006, 01:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

Well, as most of you know, I too am a soccer-deprived American, and I don't have the benefit of having special all-sports channels to get a fix (even here at school where we have 110+ TV channels). Thus, as silly as this may sound, the closest I can generally come to "supporting" a team is having a mild fondness for some of those I've managed in various versions of the Football Manager PC game. Of those, the two that stick out most in my mind are Southampton and Chester. So there you have it.

Oh, and also in theory I support the local club, which in my case would be the Atlanta Silverbacks in the USL Division 1. Too bad you rarely hear anything about them around here...
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 14 2006, 09:51 PM
PMEmail Poster

Well, for me it is, of course, Arsenal. However, in the last three years my home town has been in the bizarre position of having inherited/stolen an existing league team.

So we can add Milton Keynes Dons to the list. I really wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one on NS, never mind AO.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 14 2006, 09:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Aug 30 2006, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (Bettia @ Aug 30 2006, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (Hypocria @ Aug 29 2006, 07:42 PM)
Sounds like Bettia. I can't believe there's a second Rover's fan around here. Or anywhere else . . .

Shut it Chairboy biggrin.gif

Better a Silkman than a Gashead tongue.gif

Better a turncoat Don in League Two than a Conference Silkman. tongue.gif
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 16 2006, 05:36 AM

The Guv'nor will get us at least mid-table in the conference next season, just you wait!
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 16 2006, 06:47 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Oct 16 2006, 10:36 AM)
The Guv'nor will get us at least mid-table in the conference next season, just you wait!

Yeah, Incey could probably keep Macc up just by going into the Football League offices and snarling "Are you sure you want to relegate me?"
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 17 2006, 07:26 AM
PMEmail Poster

I suppose I should add a little variety to this thread. Belgian football. smile.gif

I've been a Club Brugge supporter for a long time now, though it's not easy at times. But it's the logical choice, since Anderlecht just sucks, and all the other teams are happy if there's one season per decade in which they look like they might possibly challenge for the title.

Of those mid-table teams, there are two that I'm a bit more fond of than the others. There's Germinal Beerschot Antwerpen (GBA), not just because their home ground is about half a mile from my apartment, because I don't go and watch them anyway, but because they had some of my favorite players in their team back in the old days (Simon Tahamata, Alex Czerniatynski, Tomasz Radzinski).
There's also Westerlo which is the First Division team closest to the town I was born in, so pretty much my entire family is a Westerlo supporter, which rubs off a bit. And they were trained by a former Club Brugge legend for a few years as well (Jan Ceulemans), so that helped a bit too.

But mainly, Club Brugge. I don't particularly follow foreign clubs. As for Dutch clubs, I'd pick PSV, and I prefer English football in general to those Italian or Spanish primadonnas, but that's about as far as my preferences go. smile.gif
Spruitland
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 25 2006, 12:40 PM
PMEmail Poster

Since I live in Holland Rotterdam you obviously would think I support Feyenoord. Totally wrong.

I support Sparta Rotterdam. The oldest professional club in Holland and founded in 1888. The team is currently doing really bad in the highest professional league in Holland the Eredivisie. Tonight they have a game against PSV so we might call it a 3-0 loss at least.

Other teams I like in Holland are...none really.

In England my favourite team is Chelsea FC. Ever since the time of Gullit and Zola and the fact that my cousin is a season ticket holder made it an easy yet non popular choice.

This post has been edited by Germanen&Co on Oct 25 2006, 12:41 PM
Germanen&Co
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 4 2006, 10:22 AM
PMEmail Poster

Toronto FC, brand spanking new team in the MLS, and canadian too, so yeah go toronto, other wise for the english it would have to be Arsenal all the way!
Delesa
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Dec 5 2006, 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Krytenia @ Oct 16 2006, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Oct 16 2006, 10:36 AM)

Yeah, Incey could probably keep Macc up just by going into the Football League offices and snarling "Are you sure you want to relegate me?"

So... what are the odds on Chelsea putting ten past the Silkies in the cup?
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Dec 5 2006, 04:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

Ah yes. Shevchenko, Ballack and Lampard up against . . . um . . .
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jan 22 2007, 06:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

I cheer for Manchester United, but I also keep an eye out for my local team, Cambridge United.
Manhattan Prime
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jan 23 2007, 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Hypocria @ Dec 5 2006, 10:01 PM)
Ah yes.  Shevchenko, Ballack and Lampard up against . . . um . . .

6-1!

We only lost 6-1!

It's lots of fun chanting 'sit down Mourinho' at the special one and 'what a waste of money' at Shevchenko. Ahh happy times at a full Stamford Bridge.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0215 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->