Regional Map :: 2.0
Posted: May 25 2004, 11:10 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

The map is a png file, which can't be posted on here, so here's a handy link:
http://www.thirdgeek.com/aomap.png

To View a Map of Known Waterways: Click Here

:: MAP KEY AVAILABLE BELOW ::

How to Acquire a Homeland:

1) To Acquire a homeland, you must reply in this thread noting the location you which to inhabit. A Homeland will not be granted unless you first post a little something about your nation. - Example 1 - Example 2 -

2) When responding in this thread, you must decide which area of the map you would like to settle. Simply tell us which area you would prefer to settle into uing the handy numbers. You can see which continent is which with our also-handy Landmass Info )

3) Nations in breach of the Flag Legislation will not be granted land until after they have updated their flag.

How to Expand / Conquer Existing Land (Under Review):

To prevent excess land being taken on the Regional Map by anyone, The following guidelines should be followed before a Nation acquires new land via expansion or colonization through a puppet.

a ) If Expansion is un-oppossed, an approved RP will be required detailing the discovery, acquisition and future usage of the new lands; Before the land will be granted.

b ) If Expansion is opposed, Both sides will have to prevent their case to the council who will make a decision, at which point, an approved RP will be required detailing the discovery, acquisition and future usage of the new lands; Before the land will be granted.

- Best Example - Good Example - Decent Example - Bad Example (Don't Do This) -
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jul 25 2005, 01:40 PM
PMEmail Poster

Hmm, we have a new new key.

CODE
Ab  = Abattoir
ASMV = Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Be  = Bettia (UN Delegate)
C   = Crystilakere
Ch  = Chacor (puppet of Liverpool England)
CH = Commerce Heights
CS  = Cockbill Street
DH  = Dauna Hills (puppet of Fmjphoenix)
Dr  = Druida
Fa  = Falcania
Fm  = Fmjphoenix
HC  = Hockey Canada
Hy  = Hypocria
Im = Imminent Implosion
K   = Krytenia
Kh  = Khazaron
La  = Lamoni
LC  = The Lowland Clans
Le = Legalese
Li  = Limbrogidlia (puppet of Oliverry)
LN = Latao-Nyssa
Lo =  Lontorika (puppet of Commerce Heights)
LR  = Lesser Ribena
NB  = Nova Britannicus (puppet of Starblaydia)
Ne  = Nedalia
No  = Nojika
NR  = Nova Roma
Ol  = Oliverry
Pe  = Pedriana (puppet of Bedistan)
Re  = Rendition (puppet of Abattoir)
Ry  = Ryloss
S   = Starblaydia (AORDO Chief)
Sa  = Sarzonia
V   = Vilita (Regional Founder)
Xi  = Xile

This post has been edited by Starblaydia on Dec 6 2005, 07:27 AM
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 4 2005, 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Bettia @ Sep 2 2005, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Aug 31 2005, 07:05 PM)
...as the last thing we need in AO is another puppet of a nation that's already here

**Quickly calls off plans to relocate Bettia's puppet here**

If you are going to have a puppet, it is preferred that you get your own account for the puppet, use the account, and if the puppet requires land that the land either be small and adjacent to your own land (if there is an open space), or a small portion of your current land (ie: Fmjphoenix, Starblaydia, Bedistan, Oliverry, Abattoir), or an island off the coast of your land (Vilita, Crystilakere)
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 5 2005, 12:00 AM
PMEmail Poster

Map version 20050905 BETA is now up. A bunch of ex-nations are gone, a few expansions have been done, and a couple of new nations (Ratlea, Commerce Heights) are in.

The new eastern extension of the map probably needs some explanation - basically, while Commerce Heights itself has moved to AO, it remains connected by land to its former region, the western part of which is pictured for completeness. That area cannot be claimed, as it is not actually part of AO.
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 5 2005, 04:54 PM

Hey Bedistan, is it possible for me to get a close-up of Khazaron on the map? Thanks in advance.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 6 2005, 12:05 PM
PMEmail Poster

Hockey Canadian request to aquire land on the Atlantian Oceanian Land 12

To: Members of the Atlantian Oceanian Land Ownership Committee
From: The Hockey Playing Communists of Hockey Canada government.

The land of Hockey Canada has been receding in the region of Lancre and NPIG and would request land in the region of Atlantian Oceania. The cold climates of our people and culture have noticed that the land number 12 located on the main Atlantian Oceanian landmass appears to be uninhabited. With your permission we would like to aquire this land or a reasonable part of it. Our factbook is all you will need to know:

Name:

Full Name: The Hockey Playing Communists of Hockey Canada
Short Form: Hockey Canada
Abbreviation: HC or HckyCnda
Pronounced: Haw-kee Cayn-a-duh

Geography:

Population: 1,337,976,000
Previous land mass: 1,799,038 sq. km (not including ice shelves and icebergs)
Capitol: Otnorot

13 Territories:

Canadian Aibmuloc
Atrebla
Nawehctaksas
Abotinam
Oiratno
Cebeuq
Dnaldnuofwen and Rodarbal
Nova Aitocs
Kynaztrobz
New Kciwsnurb
Nokuy
Wild Territories
Tuvanun

Ethnicity:

Hockey Canadian: 90%
Rejistanian: 5%
Starblaydi: 1%
Fmjphonecian: 2%
Vilitan: 1%
Other: 1%

Languages:

Official: Hockey Canadian, English
Secondary: Russian, Inuit, Local Languages

Economy:

Main Exports: Ice, Wood, Freshwater, Blubber, Fish, Wolf meat, Wild animal meat, Oil, Minerals
Main Imports: Vegetables, Irconium, Alcolhol
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 6 2005, 03:00 PM

You need to make an RP about it, Hockey Canada.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 6 2005, 04:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Lamoni @ Sep 6 2005, 03:00 PM)
You need to make an RP about it, Hockey Canada.

will be added Lamoni
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2005, 09:42 AM
PMEmail Poster

Just as a note: expect a new map update sometime before the end of the week; Khazaron, I'll get you your closeup before week's end as well.

On a somewhat related note:

QUOTE (Regional Happenings)
13 hours ago: The Reunited Figdom of Enyd and of Imminent Implosion arrived from Terranordalis.

Noting that Terranordalis is the region Commerce Heights recently moved here from, for this to make sense geographically (see map), the nation between Commerce Heights and Imminent Implosion, namely Tingitana, would need to move here as well. As it turns out, that is a trivial task, Tingitana happening to be a puppet of mine; however, that would give me three nations in the region. Are there any objections to this (particularly looking for input from Vilita, him being the founder and all)?
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 14 2005, 07:58 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Bedistan @ Sep 13 2005, 09:42 AM)
Just as a note: expect a new map update sometime before the end of the week; Khazaron, I'll get you your closeup before week's end as well.

On a somewhat related note:

QUOTE (Regional Happenings)
13 hours ago: The Reunited Figdom of Enyd and of Imminent Implosion arrived from Terranordalis.

Noting that Terranordalis is the region Commerce Heights recently moved here from, for this to make sense geographically (see map), the nation between Commerce Heights and Imminent Implosion, namely Tingitana, would need to move here as well. As it turns out, that is a trivial task, Tingitana happening to be a puppet of mine; however, that would give me three nations in the region. Are there any objections to this (particularly looking for input from Vilita, him being the founder and all)?

Why should II be on the map at all, if they haven’t claimed land, or even registered on the forums?
Of course, if you want to resize the map again, and move Tingitana here, I won’t stop you… tongue.gif
Commerce Heights
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 15 2005, 05:05 PM
PMEmail Poster

Milchama is a nation of almost all former soldiers and war fanatics. The nation's name means war in Hewbrew and the nation itself lives up to the name involving itself regularly in conflicts that are none of its business. With the best military in the region as well Milchama usually can control the region's policy.

The people of Milchama are not bad people despite the government pressuring and the almost spartan society of which they live in Milchama's citizens have some culture and enjoy history and sport. The majority of the population as Jewish and religious. While Shabbat is not always kept, Kashrut and Synagogue attendance at least once a week is considered socially important.

I want a part if not all of land 18. If i cannot get all of it I want the part nearer to Xile. Milchama has a little bit of coast and some marsh land. It is also quite mountanous with nomads living in the mountain regions (most notably the Milchamian Mongols who have a baseball and football team in their biggest city).
Milchama
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 16 2005, 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Milchama @ Sep 15 2005, 10:05 PM)
With the best military in the region as well Milchama usually can control the region's policy.

I want a part if not all of land 18.

Oh my, that's amusing. Jewish comedy is usually very funny, after all.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 16 2005, 08:30 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Sep 16 2005, 07:22 AM)

Well that was the majority of my Wiki article which I did when I was in my old region and my military was the best in the region. Now it is probably not and I'll accept that but watch out.
Milchama
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 17 2005, 06:17 AM

QUOTE (Milchama @ Sep 17 2005, 01:30 AM)
QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Sep 16 2005, 07:22 AM)

Well that was the majority of my Wiki article which I did when I was in my old region and my military was the best in the region. Now it is probably not and I'll accept that but watch out.

Well, never minding the great dictators such as myself wink.gif Sarzonia is on this region, so the highest you're ever going to hope for is 2nd-best.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 17 2005, 08:55 PM
PMEmail Poster

Yes, I think ATM:

Army: Mike Sarzo is thy God.
Navy: Tiberius Starblayde is thy God.
Airforce: Andrew Hessenthaler is thy God (honest).
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0235 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->